(Updated 8/30/2019) PNTC Colleges continues to accept applications for the Onboard Training Program (OBT) aboard MV Aman Sinaya, its own training vessel.
While preference is given to PNTCians, registration is open to all BS Marine Transportation and BS Marine Engineering students who wish to complete their internship onboard a passenger vessel.
Enrolling in the OBT ensures that cadets finish their required seagoing service on time and in a structured manner. Interested students may visit the Onboard Training Office or contact (02) 526 2068 loc 106 or 0922 871 6752 for more information about the program.
The training vessel’s official name, MV Aman Sinaya, was first unveiled during the 13th Ringhop Ceremony held on April 2017. The name takes inspiration from the pre-colonial goddess of the sea, Aman Sinaya, who was among the deities responsible for creation in Tagalog myths. Click here to read more about MV Aman Sinaya.
- One (1) accomplished application form.
- Three (3) pcs 2×2 photo (wear white uniform with shoulder insignia without cap, white background, name written at the back).
- Endorsement letter from the Shipboard Training Office of applicant’s school.
- Photocopy (all on short bond paper and no original documents):
- One (1) copy of the front page (the page with the cadet’s details) of Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB).
- One (1) copy of the first page (the one with a seal) of the Training Record Book (TRB).
- One (1) copy of Basic Training certificate, preferably from PNTC.
- One (1) copy of Crowd Management certificate, preferably from PNTC.
- One (1) copy of Crisis Management certificate, preferably from PNTC.
- One (1) copy of Transcript of Records (TOR)
- Medical Certificate from a DOH or MARINA accredited medical service provider, stating that the applicant is physically fit for work, issued within six (6) months or less.
- Three (3) copies of a signed OBT Agreement between PNSC and Cadet.
- Scanned copy of the above documents emailed to PNSCOTP@pntc.edu.ph. The title of the email must be “Enrollment of (Name)”. i.e. Enrollment of Mr. Juan dela Cruz. One scanned copy of the photo and contracts are enough.
All documentary requirements must be compiled in a long white folder with plastic cover and fastened at the top. Pictures need not be fastened.