29 JAN 2018—Ten courses at PNTC Colleges – Maritime Training Center were once again approved for full accreditation valid for three years by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) this January.
After the agency’s inspection and evaluation of the training center’s compliance to local and international regulatory requirements, full accreditation was awarded for the following basic and advanced training courses, effective January 2018:
- Advance Training in Fire Fighting
- Advance Training for Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations
- Advance Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations
- Basic Training
- Basic Training Refresher
- Basic Training for Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
- Management Level Course (Deck Department)
- Management Level Course (Engine Department)
- Medical Care
- Medical Emergency First Aid
Registration in the above training courses has also been resumed.
Training centers are subject to regular inspection and course accreditation by MARINA in order to ensure continuing compliance to maritime training standards. Click here to view our complete list of STCW mandatory training courses.